Alaska Native Knowledge Network
Resources for compiling and exchanging information related to Alaska Native knowledge systems and ways of knowing.

ANKN Home About ANKN ANKN Publications Academic Programs Curriculum Resources Calendar of Events ANKN Listserv and Announcements ANKN Site Index
Picture of Alaska Native Knowledge Network
Indigenous Knowledge, Education and Ethnic Identity
from Alaska Native Knowledge Network - Tuesday, 1 September 2009, 08:03 am

For more information, please contact Patricio R. Ortiz, Ph.D., patricio.ortiz@usu.edu

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NEW BOOK:
Indigenous Knowledge, Education and Ethnic Identity:
An Ethnography of an Intercultural Bilingual Education Program in a Mapuche School in Chile
Foreword by Douglas E. Foley

As been posted in Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/Indigenous-Knowledge-Education-Ethnic-Identity/dp/3639147995/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250582842&sr=1-1

I intend to begin informing people in the field about the existence of my publication. The content of the book is an extended version of the paper that I presented in AAA last November.

I include the Table of Contents, the Foreword done by Doug Foley, and the Preface. The description in the back-cover is posted in Amazon.

Patricio R. Ortiz, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
College of Education
Utah State University
2810 Old Main Hill
Logan, Utah 84322
Officesad435)797-3946 Faxsad435)797-1441
patricio.ortiz@usu.edu

Go to University of Alaska The University of Alaska Fairbanks is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, educational institution and provider is a part of the University of Alaska system. Learn more about UA's notice of nondiscriminitation.