Alaska Native Knowledge Network
Resources for compiling and exchanging information related to Alaska Native knowledge systems and ways of knowing.

ANKN Home About ANKN ANKN Publications Academic Programs Curriculum Resources Calendar of Events ANKN Listserv and Announcements ANKN Site Index
Picture of Alaska Native Knowledge Network
The passing of Bill Demmert
from Alaska Native Knowledge Network - Tuesday, 19 January 2010, 04:24 pm

Friends It with a very sad heart that I inform you that our friend and the leader of our research partnership, Bill Demmert passed away this morning January 19 at 5:00AM. He was 75 years old. His passing was peaceful with family at his side. For those who were not aware of his illness Bill had lymphoma which turned to lung cancer. I have known Bill for nearly 40 years, having worked directly with him for 30 years on many efforts. He had a very wide circle of friends and will always be known as a very generous man with his time, friendship and leadership. I will miss him deeply; we will all miss him. Arrangements are pending....

David Beaulieu

Go to University of Alaska The University of Alaska Fairbanks is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, educational institution and provider is a part of the University of Alaska system. Learn more about UA's notice of nondiscriminitation.